25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NAIM SIDDIQUI (not working)     04 March 2013

How to change my lawyer

Dear Sir,

My wife charged mea maintanance case under crpc 125 after 8 year of my marriage,so i hired a lawyer & file a case of RUKHSATI against my wife but My Lawyer is not active as much as he should so i want to change the Lawyer so plz advice me what is the procedure to change the Lawyer.


 7 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     04 March 2013

you would have to take a NOC from your current lawyer and file a new vakalatname of the lawyer you wish to engange .

NAIM SIDDIQUI (not working)     04 March 2013

but he denied to give a NOC then?

stanley (Freedom)     04 March 2013

If you have cleared all his fees i see no reason as for him to deny giving you a NOC .

1 Like

Md Zaryab J Rizvi (Principal Partner)     04 March 2013

You may engage any lawyer of your choice, If you have paid the fees of the concerned lawyer there is no reason why the lawyer will not co operate. 




Zaryab Rizvi (Advocate)


1 Like

Gopal Arora (Engineer)     04 March 2013

Please reply what the author should do if he has paid all the dues and even then his lawyer is refusing to give NOC?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     04 March 2013

Dear Querist

if after geting fees, lawyer is refusing to give NOC, no need any NOC from him/her and approch to court to change the lawyer and court directed to him/her or pass an order in favour of cliant.

Feel free to Call


Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate)

Chember No. D-720, Karkardooma Court, Delhi

email : nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com

web:    nadeemqureshi498a.webs.com

Mob: +91  9953809956

          +91 8802305262

1 Like


I second Nadeem's version here !


Hi there, If your lawyer is not giving NOC, consult another lawyer and state the facts to the new lawyer, am sure if you can convince the new lawyer, he will take up the case without the NOC. Lots of lawyers are there, anybody would take up your case. Money matters even for lawyers, as it does for wives !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query