Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sury (student)     10 December 2011

How to change fathers name in certificates

Sir,

Actually, my fathers name was mis printed in my 10th certiciate. So, it just continued till now(Currently I am in B.Tech).

Now when I went to take my birth certificate from municipal office to apply for passport, they said my fathers correct name is in their records and they can't accept this name...

Is there any way to correct my fathers name in my certificates (10th, Intermediate, B.Tech 1st year ..)??

I need to apply for my passport. Please help me,.. urgent.

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 December 2011

First issue notice to the concerned persons to make necessary corrections in the marks card u/s 80 of CPC by giving them 60 days notice, after lapse of 60 days  you file a suit for declaration and mandatory injunction.  You will have to issue notice to the State Govt., REp., by Deputy commissioner of Dist., and Deputy Director of Public Instructions.

1 Like

sury (student)     10 December 2011

Sorry, I am not familiar with the technical words.. But it sounds positive.

1.So, is this going to be a lengthy process..?

2.In how many days I will get my new certificates...(Actually, my present certificates are with University.. I can't submit them to respective board). 

3. Will those certificates are termed as originals / duplicates/ ....

4. How long it may take to complete this process.

My uncle is MRO, so can I get this job done quickly using his influence???

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     10 December 2011

The procedure is as follows:

Changes in Board's Certificate

69.1 Changes and Corrections in Name

(i) Correction in name means correction in spelling errors, factual errors, typographical errors in candidate's Name/Surname, Father's Name/Mother's Name to make it consistent with what is given in the school record.

Change in name also includes alteration, addition, deletion to make it different from the school records.

(ii) Application for correction in name may be considered any time provided that the application of the candidate is forwarded with the following documents:

(a) Admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission.

(b) The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission.

(c) Portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate.

(iii) The Board may effect necessary corrections after verification of the Original records of the school and on payment of the prescribed fee.

(iv) Applications regarding change in name/surname will be considered where such changes have been permitted by a Court of Law and notified in a Government Gazette. In the event of Court of Judicature allowing the change of name of a candidate, the same shall be carried out by the Board after obtaining relevant documents concerning change of name published in an official gazette.

murugesanshanmugavel (non practising lawyer)     12 December 2011

Apply for Birth certificate from the concerned tahsildar office where ur record of birth is available. He is bound to issue it to u. Then file a suit making the concerned educational authorties as defendants praying for a decree against the defendants to have  the school and college records relating to birth certificates to be corrected in accordance with the authentic birth certificate issued by tahsildar.

The simpler way is to request the concerned educational authorities to make an inquiry into the discrepancy between the birth certificates of educational institutions and birth certificate issued by the tahsildar and order corrections in them in accordance with the revenue records which r authentic.

In case they refused to perforn their duties vested in them u will have to approach the civil court by way of suit as mentioned above or invoke the writ jurisdiction of the concerned High Court.

penusha (B.Tech)     20 March 2012

my father name was misprinted in my board of intermediate certificate.Now i completed my B.Tech except intermediate all certificates was correct,how can i correct my father's name.college was not now  which i studied my intermediate.

akbal.firose@gmail.com (site engineer)     26 May 2014

Sir I have problem in ssc certificate regarding fathers name. I have completed ssc in 2004. Father name is nakhuda Emam mohiddin.In 2004 applied for correction as fathers name is nakhuda akbal mohiddin. In reply from ssc board I got correction is to be made by lower class certificates to be submit to change name. But my schools are been closed.. plz help me to change my father's name

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register