LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mrgop (Owner)     07 May 2011

How to change advocate?

My present advocate is forcing me for compromise in divorce case, and I doubt wife's side offers money for forcing me for mutual divorce. When I talked about changing advocate, he is not ready for it and also ask big amount for giving the case files back. I have already paid all fees he asked yet and now wonder why should i pay additional fees for changing him!

So, please tell me if its possible to change advocate without his consent and get case files back?   

Learning

7 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     07 May 2011

U take a NOC from Advocate for chang Advocate but u r pay some fee for that, If advocate not give NOC, u go to court with your Advocate and in present of Judge u says that i chang a Advocate but he can not give NOC so at that time u give a application in court for chang Advocate and put up new VP with new Advocate. (Vakalat Nama).

shiv shiv shiv (unemployed)     09 May 2011

agree with bharat

(Guest)

MRGOP,

What is the lesson learnt ? 

Get a blank NOC signed from the next advocate you hire. That way you are not stuck with the one you dont want to work with. 

What is the reason behind your advocate asking you to compromise ? I dont understand. Not sure if it is clear to others. 

The advocate has a duty to counsel you/guide you on legal matters. I think he may be doing his job and you are misinterpreting ?? 

shiv shiv shiv (unemployed)     11 May 2011

what sort of compromise is he asking for?

9587744142ShivShanker saini (Advocate)     12 May 2011

How one cane hire an advocate? use proper words. an advocate  can appointed  by a person for his/her  case.

Advocate is not a goods so one cane hire.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     12 May 2011

IF HE GOES AGAINST YOUR WILL, JUST SACK HIM. HE IS YOUR AGENT AT COURT ONLY. NOTHING MORE THAN THAT.

PERHAPS HE HAS TAKEN BRIBE FROM YOUR OPENANT.

YOU HAVE THE EVERY RIGHT, AT ALL TIMES - TO CHANGE THE LAWYER. I DID IT SEVERAL TIMES.

EVEN YOU TELL THAT YOU WILL APPEAR IN PERSON. NO PROBLEM. GO AHEAD.

(Guest)

I totally agree with the bharat kumar saying that  u give a application in court for chaging Advocate and put up new VP with new Advocate. (Vakalat Nama).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register