LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Baaji   26 January 2017

How to challenge a will

The property belongs to my great grandfather... in 2013 my uncle came with a will telling that it was written by my great grandfather...we came to know bout that in a case which was filed by my uncle upon my father...later on by some family members mediation that issue was setteled and my father didnot challenge that will at that time...  i am major by that time. My uncle registered that property in 2013 to his wife .. we came to know about it few days back .

can my father have any right to challenge that will now in 2017... since i came to know about all these in 2017 can i have the right to challenge tht will written by my great grandfather as it is my ancestral property...till now the will is neither registered nor probated

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Baaji
The property belongs to my great grandfather... in 2013 my uncle came with a will telling that it was written by my great grandfather...we came to know bout that in a case which was filed by my uncle upon my father...later on by some family members mediation that issue was setteled and my father didnot challenge that will at that time...  i am major by that time. My uncle registered that property in 2013 to his wife .. we came to know about it few days back .

can my father have any right to challenge that will now in 2017... since i came to know about all these in 2017 can i have the right to challenge tht will written by my great grandfather as it is my ancestral property...till now the will is neither registered nor probated

You can do so by approaching court of Law.  You need to hire a able advocate who deals with succesion and property matters,

shrenik (lawyer)     22 February 2017

unprobated will can be challegend after 100 years also 

shrenik r jasani

advocate gujarat high court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register