Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja (None)     09 March 2014

How to calculate court fees for counter claim

sir,

1) How do i calculate the court fees to be paid for each of the reliefs sought in counter claim in a suit at Munisiff court?

2) in case i am claiming a damage of Rs.1 Lac what would be the court fees i will have to pay/affix 

Learning

2 Replies

shanmugam lakshmanan (senior)     12 March 2014

court fee on counter claim is same as that of suit. Court fee to be paid based on relief you prayed in your counter claim. regarding court fee on damages, if you ascertain the value of damages, court fee of that value to be paid. If not ascertained , you may tentatively value your claim and you may pay court fee to that extend and on passing of decree the Court will direct you to pay deficit court fee.

shanmugam lakshmanan (senior)     12 March 2014

court fee on counter claim is same as that of suit. Court fee to be paid based on relief you prayed in your counter claim. regarding court fee on damages, if you ascertain the value of damages, court fee of that value to be paid. If not ascertained , you may tentatively value your claim and you may pay court fee to that extend and on passing of decree the Court will direct you to pay deficit court fee.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register