Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

friends (Professional)     12 May 2010

How to Become a Judge

Hi Experts,

i have a question since a long time, and i hope to find out the answer here at lawyersclubindia.com,

Q-1- How to become a Judge ?

Q-2- Is there any Exam for becoming a Judge or an Advocate will promoted to be a judge ?

Q-3- What is Experience and Qualification is required for becoming a Judge? 

Q-4- Becoming a Judge is a central govt. process or a state govt. process. 

Thank you in advance for your valuable answers.

Learning

6 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     12 May 2010

?

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     12 May 2010

1. Study well

2. Examinations called for

3. Will be in the call for notice

4. State Government

tufail qadri (advocate)     12 May 2010

• you must be a law graduate(professional),,,,,then will have to appear in examination to be become a judge....
  • Advocates can be promoted as judges in the high courts and supreme court only....they should have standing of 10 years in the respective court.
  • To appear in higher judiciary examination one shall have 7 yeras experience whereas for judicial magistrate examination no experience is required.
  • to become a judge is neither central govt or state govt process....judiciary is independent and as there being separation of powers between executive, legislature and judiciary....

hope ur queries r answered to ur satisfaction.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     13 May 2010

LL.b. is the essential qualificaton.

You have to enrol your name to the state Bar Council as well as local bar association.

Advocate will not be promoted as a judge.

You have to pass an exam and ater than you have to face an interview.

If you practicised with a good senior it is easy to face the exam.

friends (Professional)     13 May 2010

Thanks a lot for your valuable and early replies,

I got four answers but each answer is different, there is no common answer posted by respective seniors,

Which answer is right?   

Ok.

Can you specify me what is the age limit (Minimum and Maximum age) to be eligible for the Judiciary exams to becoming a Judge?

Is he/she eligible for Judiciary Exams having one year Bar Council Membership and High Court Bar Association as well as local bar membership?

Latika Singh (Legal Executive)     13 May 2010

Ans:

1. For becoming a judge first you should have LLB degree and if your age is less than 25 yrs then you can appear directly for state government exam " Judicial Magistrate Of First Class". But if your age is more than 25 yrs then you must have experience of individual practcing as an Advocate.

2. Pls refer point no. 1. Advocate can not promoted as judge, but he/she can become public prosecutor after 7 yrs of practicing as an Advocate.

3. LLB (if after graduation) or LLB (done after 12th).

4. Its state government process initially, after your experience you can promoted as central government employee.

If you require any further information, you ca mail me on latikasingh75@yahoo.com 

Regards,

Latika

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More