Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     06 March 2013

How to approach mediation center

Dear Experts

I have a query regarding Mediation center in Delhi.

No case is filled either the parties yet.

If any one wants to approach mediation center for settle the matter amicably without filling any suit. What is the proceedure to approach mediation center?

I read somewhere that if we approach Mediation center, we have to pay 5000 as fee of mediation.

Is it right?

Please give some light on this issue.

Learning

3 Replies

fighting back (exec)     06 March 2013

hi ,

u can approach the police commissioners office in your city, there is a special womens assistance cell setup for mediation between parties ( i dont know about delhi, but it is there in maharashtra) her you can approach the cell with a detailed written application with your problem with your and wifes contact numbers, they will give you a date and summon your wife by calling her to the cell for mediation. there is a panel of experts for mediation. consisting of a lady lawyer. a physcologist, a counsellor and police officers. they consel both the parties and give next few dates to sort issues out. there is no fee charged and it completely free. (NOTE: they dont keep a record of the details of what went through counselling)

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     06 March 2013

I know all that and It is same in delhi also like Maharastra. You are talking about women cell.

And I am enquire about Court Mediation.

Nandha (NIL)     06 March 2013

@HK

State Legal Services Authority has mediation centre. Just go there with an application and submit it. They will give you a date. They will first send an ORDINARY post to your wife requesting her to appear for mediation. If she did not turn up on the said date, then they will send a REGISTERED post. If she refuses to receive the letter or did not appear for the mediation after receiving the letter, the mediators will advise you how to go about it. 

Remember it is not binding on either party to appear before the mediation. It is on voluntary basis. 

NO FEE is charged by the mediation center. But, while applying they will ask your annual income. If your annual income is less than Rs.75,000/- then you are offered free legal aid.

I have also applied for mediation though no cases were filed by either side. My lovely wife did not turn up. 

I personally feel it is a waste of time. AFter submitting application, it has been more than 2 months. Nothing happened.

If you are ready to face anything instead of sitting in the dark, better approach the police commissioner as suggested by rajanjoshi. One of LCI members did the same and made his wife to appear in women police station for mediation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register