Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

zee (housewife)     25 April 2012

How to apply for a copy of misplaced will

The will (registered) made by my deceased father has been misplaced. What must I do to obtain a copy of the same? I live in Mumbai


 3 Replies

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     25 April 2012

Approach the office of the subregistrar where the will was registered and apply for a certified copy.

1 Like

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     27 April 2012

you have to apply for the copy of will in the regstrar office and mention date of registration if you know as it will help you to get the copy faster.

Bhupendra Kumar Arora (Advocate)     27 April 2012

if you have a photocopy of will or receipt of ree remitted at that time or remember the date of will registered or know the serial number of registration only then you can get duplicate will from retgistrar by applyiing and remitting fees.  Otherwise if there is possiblity of computer search in computerised office of registrar then it is possible to search record.  In big cities like Delhi, Bombay, Calcutta, Madrass lacs of people get their documents registered and manual search of a documents is very difficult for officials if they take personal pain then it is possible to give you duplicate will. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register