Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil   24 November 2016

How to access the tax details of my deceased father.

Hi, I want to access current and previous years tax details of my deceased father. I have his PAN Card details. Please suggest how can i access this information. Thanks, Nikhil

 6 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     25 November 2016

You send an RTI application to PIO attached to Income tax Department u/s6(1 of RTI Act) and within   3or 4days you'll know the results or income tax details of  your father both current and previous years's.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     25 November 2016

I fyou appreciate the  above  answe r please convey my forum  thanks by clicking thanks.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 November 2016

First obtain legal heir certificate from competent authority (Tehsasildar), enclose legal heir certificate, copy of your photo identity disclosing that you are son of the deceased, and then file RTI Application to the CPIO, Income Tax Officer, of concerned ward, with postal order of Rs.10/- fvg. Accounts Officer ITO payable at place of ITO.  simple format is provided below.

Application dt.25th Nov,2017 seeking information under RTI Act filed

Before: CPIO, Income Tax Officer, Ward No................................

RTI Fee: Rs.10/- IPO No...


Brief facts: Late.....................Pan card No..............copies of assessment applications and statements if any filed by the deceased.   Applicant is legal heir and son of the deceased..  Photo identity of applicant with legal heir certificate from competent authority is enclosed.


Information soliced:

1.Please provide certified copies of all Income Tax returns f with annexures if any filed by the deceased father for the last three  assessment years.


R K JAIN (Advocate)     25 November 2016

you can get the information from nsdl website.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 November 2016

Agreed with experts.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     25 November 2016

If you have the date of birth and password of efiling website for your father's PAN you can get it from thaat also. The user ID is thge PAN.

If your father had been filing ITRs through an Auditor, he can help you.

You can enquire at AAYAKAR SEVA KRNDRA nearest to you about procedure and they will beautiflly guide you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query