Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raghuraman (Mangager)     05 August 2011

How the maintance is calculated

Hi

Is there any minumum and maximum celing for the wife to calim in maitance . My wife is claiming 25000 for herself & 25000 for my boy baby . Is there any standard maintence fact sheet . I am willing to pay only 20k for both. 

Learning

9 Replies

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     05 August 2011

Plz privde your salary and your location and your wifes location and her education/ job status.

Regards

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

chanchal (Advocate)     05 August 2011

No ceiling, in recent judgement passed by the Hon'ble Supreme court all ceiling has been held not valid.

raghuraman (Mangager)     05 August 2011

THANKS for the response .

What does that mean whatever  she ask we have to give .

For women and a child if they ask for 50 k ,it doesnt seems reasobale .

op........ (Law student)     06 August 2011

Dear Kamal Sir,

suppose husband's income Rs.3,00,000/Month & location is in Andra pradesh district.

Wife is unemployed only HSC/12th Pass &  location is in Maharastra district.

They having two childerns.

then how much maintenance amount is applicable for husbnad to her wife & childerns.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     06 August 2011

@O.P.,

For her and two children, between 1to 1.5 lakhs per month.

op........ (Law student)     06 August 2011

Thanks kamal sir.

supabcdefgh (teacher)     09 August 2011

I read some where that the wife should be provided to maintain her similar life status in case she is dependent.

But it cannot be beyod husband means. Two seperate family is always more costly.

Now what  happens when wife earns more then husband, can he ask for maintenance?

Siv (engineer)     10 August 2011

If wife earns more than husband definition of CrPC section 125 is not valid.... only politician can help the wife by passing new law for earning wife...

supabcdefgh (teacher)     10 August 2011

You know why our man's situation will not improve? Because when wife's income is more,

you still think of compensation to wife, not to husband. Can't the husband ask support?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register