LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanket murkya   31 July 2023

How reservation work in waiting list for bank recruitment

Recently I applied for one exam where they prepared the waiting list. Do the reservation rules and own merit concept rules apply to the waiting list? If a reserve candidate has more marks than a general candidate and has not taken any reservation relaxation then does he should be considered as a general candidate?

They prepared it with the logic general for general and reserved for reserved not own merit concept.

Learning

5 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     31 July 2023

You have stated to have applied / opted for reserved catagory accordingly check waiting list of "reserved" catagory of candidates.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 July 2023

The details you have given contradict your statement,  hence you may first confirm if you had opted for reserved category or applied for general category. 

Proper advice can be rendered then 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     31 July 2023

You applied to which sector of banks.?

Private Bank Jobs vs Public Bank Jobs​

Most of the private banks recruit candidates through written exam and personal interview like the public sector banks. The difference between the two is the difficulty level of the exam. The examination for private bank recruitment is done by individual banks. Whereas, recruitment in the public sector banks in India is done by IBPS. The salary, incentives, and job security offered by the public sector banks in India are more compared to private bank jobs.

sanket murkya   31 July 2023

I applied from the EWS category for the public sector bank exam. They prepared a waiting list of the candidates and in the list, there is one general candidate who has lower marks than me but was included in the list. So based on own merit concept, I should be there in the list, isn't it?

Sudhir Kumar   02 August 2023

You can be there in the reserve list if there's a place in the reserve list

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register