LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

My Self Kumar (Sr Manager)     30 January 2010

How property can be transfered in wife's name ?

I have property in my name in Delhi. 5 years back, I executed a GPA in favour of my wife's name and got it registered in sub-registrar's office. I want my wife to be rightful owner of the property. My friend commented that a deed also need to be executed in favour of my wife by paying some fee. Which deed is suitable in such a case, and what are fees for such a deed.


 3 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     30 January 2010

You can prepare sale deed or gift deed in favour of your wife. Which deed is suitable depends on the stamp duty payable in Delhi, whichever is cheaper. Get it registered and after registration apply for mutaion in municipal authority .

1 Like

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     30 January 2010

 Regd Gift Deed is suitable -   Stamp Duty  as applicable in Delhi ---------- in  AP Stamp Duty  is  only 1% on market Value .


1 Like

ravi chander d j (Consultant)     04 February 2010

The best way to tarnsfer your property if self acquired is by way of gift, where not consideration need to be paid by your wife to you.  Look for applicable stamp duty in delhi, while in karnataka it can be done by paying a nominal amount.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register