25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498A__misused (Sec)     31 July 2013

How much interim maintenance ?

My take home Salary in 50K per month. She was working before marriage in some company and was getting 13K salary per month.She is having 7 years of working experience and she is post graguate , means more qualified them me ...

One female kid is with her , I have filed divorce on basis of cruelty ?

My expenses . 7K house rent . 2K food . 1K travelling. 4 K savings. 5k mother medicine ...


How much maintenannce can claim ?



 6 Replies

498A__misused (Sec)     31 July 2013

Thanks helping hand  but If wife was working before marriage  , if this judgement is ok to deny her maintenance?

498A__misused (Sec)     31 July 2013

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !


Read attached judgment.

 I mean she was working before marriage , after marriage she may say that she is not allowed to work ?So if this judgement is good enough to fight that she is capable or earning and can earn .

Originally posted by : 498A__misused

Thanks helping hand  but If wife was working before marriage  , if this judgement is ok to deny her maintenance?

Leave judgment aside etc.

One thing you understand,

Wife not willing to come back, you call her back via RCR petition, she tells wont come back, NO NEED TO PAY MAINTENANCE/ALIMONY.


If she is willing to come back, and asks for separate accomodation, then you have to provide it.

If you do not provide separate accomodation to wife, then she can claim maintenance.

If you provide accomodation and she does not turn up ..no maintenance for her.

Working woman or not working woman.

Base point is wife should have left husband on her own will and wish, then only you need not pay maintenance to wife. Or else you have to pay maintenance.

If you did not understand, read three to four times the advice above.

1 Like

Big Iron (Officer)     01 August 2013

Use this, latest from delhi high court





And invest time on this site for some time. You may not need to ask questions.

NGOKC (pm)     01 August 2013

You will have to prove desertionn otherwise ypou will have to provide maintainence for

1) the kid - child support

2) she left job because of marriage 7 yrs ago, hence court will take that in consideration as well

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query