New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul   23 October 2015

How moving to other country helps in geting rid of cases

My wife has put maintence and section 9 cases againse me after her 498a complaint was cancelled by police. She is not at all good person by nature or charator. People from my side have asked her paremts to sort out issue but they are not ready for divorce though they admit their mistakes.


but they are harrasing with new   cases daily

If i get an option to move out of India n work abroad, will it help in some way.

Can I be made to attend court for section9 / mantennace related cases , if I AM OUT OF INDIA




 6 Replies


Just dont tell whre you are going, and especially dont let your folks tell anyone where you are, nothing will happen.  You just fly out.  Your wife will herself get tired one day of roaming to court, and marrry someone else.

SuperHero (Manager)     23 October 2015

If you have option of fly out. At most you can hire a lawyer and keep postponing dates.

People by roaming courts will become frustrated and humilitated. It is a tiresome journey.

And NO two people who have gone to court, came out happy. If you want know more just go and check in any court.



Continuation of UR previous query"LIVE IN"

fighting back (exec)     24 October 2015

the section 9 case filed against you can be easily dismissed by you provided you put a strong argument forward that 498 was filed earlier and this section 9 case has only been filed to harrass you and extract money by showing her eagerness to live with you but it is only you who is avoiding her......though the police has cancelled her 498 complaint she can approach the court directly to file a pvt complaint, however, before such things happen, you can fly out. but she can still harrass you if she is persistent enough in the court to seek a court order to extradite you.......but it is a long long long process and she will eventually get tired out..i feel you are getting panicked unnecessarily

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 October 2015

You have already been advised adequetly in your last posting, for further query consult a local lawyer.

There is no restriction imposed on your moving abroad, so you can proceed during pendency of case(s), which can be taken care by someone from your family as well as your lawyer.

mohan   30 October 2015

If you wish to settle abroad, you need to submit a NOC from your spouse as a requirement for the permanent visa. Though it is applicable in few countries....

Also, for the you cannot marry again if you are not divorced, even if you settle abroad. Hence suggest you to face the court proceedings and win on merits. And if you havent done anything wrong, do not worry.  just collect maximum evidences you can to show your innocence. 

and yes, strategically, take up a job outside country and then you can easily waste her few years . she will automatically run away and would want to settle. but that will come only when she wants to settle again in life. if she is a loser and her main aim is to trouble u...this might take many number of years...


best advised is a MCD, even if it comes at a higher cost. 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register