Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mrgop (Owner)     16 December 2011

How many times can i ask for counselling/mediation?

I'm contesting the annulment petition filed by wife on ground of impotency for the last three years. I've filed RCR also. The counselling and lok-adalat failed, and during evidence stage I filed application for my potency test by medical board. Then court ordered for mediation at mediation center before considering my application. That also failed on last date and the case was sent back to court.

Now, can I again ask for counselling/mediation before considering my application for medical checkup? If yes, Can I file application for the same? Counselling or Mediation, which one should I prefer at this stage?

One advocate told me that any move against conciliation or lack of interest in resuming marital relationship from my side might be projected as a sign of relative impotency at later stage as even after the medical checkup the possibility of relative impotency can not be ruled out. So, it would be better to press for conciliation efforts by deliberately filing applications in this regard in court, and whether those are allowed or not dosen't matter.

So, I plan to ask for mediation/counselling again just because I want to convince the court that the last mediation failed not because of my fault and I'm always ready to take her back.

Please advice me in this regard.

Learning

4 Replies

JAGJEET SINGH (Advocate)     16 December 2011

Dear, If there are some fresh grounds in your favor for mediation/counselling, Hon;ble court may allow your application for. Jagjeet

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     18 December 2011

I follow jagjeet sing openion

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     21 December 2011

:-) :-)

Failure of mediation has nothing to do with potency/ impotency.

Why do lawyers say so, 1. They lack knowledge 2. Few lawyers play on your fears. So by frightening you only they can get something out of you.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Sayeed Nazir (Marketing Manager)     01 January 2012

I certainly agree with Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register