LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mousami (finance)     05 December 2011

How long does it take to get divorce in mutual consent

i have been staying separately from my husband for more then 1.5 yrs now. we have separated within 3 months of marriage.

i wnat to get divorce in mutual consent.

please tell me the procedure to get the same and also how long will it take to get the divorce

Learning

4 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     05 December 2011

If both are ready no problem , you will get divorce after six months of filing application.

Sameer12345 (SSE)     05 December 2011

If you husband is ready for divorce. It takes 6 months to get Divorce from Court.

Steps: 

1) Hire a Lawyer

2) Prepare a Petition

3) Apply in Court. You both will be asked to be present in the court and give statement in first Motion

4) Second Motion will be exactly after 6 Months When you both have to appear before court to give the statement and get the Divorce Decree from court. There wont be any third motion. Thats it. 

mousami (finance)     05 December 2011

i saty in mumbai and he stays in thne district so where should the case be filed. we got married in mumbai district

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 December 2011

Mumbai.

The consent of both parties is required for filing MCD. So you have talked to him about Mutual consent divorce or you are taking his consent for granted.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register