Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev pawar (service)     13 July 2012

How is it to transfer a divorce case to other state

dear members,

my marriage was solemnised in mumbai. and wife is presently residing with her parents in bhopal, i wish to apply for a divorce in mumbai, how easy will it be for my wife to transfer it to her home state, how much cost and what procedure will be involved, basically how much trouble will be for her to take it to her home town, . she is also planning to slapp a dv act and 498a from her hometown, and her advocate has sent me a notice on his letter head threatening the same. or pay rs 10000 per month as maintainence, or take her home, i dont wish to take her home, now that she has started levelling false allegations of harrassment and dowry, which never took place, while going away to her mothers place, she gave a statement to the womens cell that i wwill stay with my husband only if he takes 'proper' care of me, now i dont know how to define a 'proper' care. hence i will be filling a divorce on grounds of cruelty. dear  members kindly guide me on a proper strategey to handle this situation.

thanks in advance

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     13 July 2012

only s.c. can transfer cases from one state to another state.  if wife files one or two cases at bhopal and ask the divorce case filed at mumbai to be transferred to bhopal, there is more likelihood, the case can be transferred.  But she has to prove her difficulty before s.c. i.e., why she cannot appear in mumbai court.

1 Like

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     13 July 2012

Practising in the Supreme Court, and dealing with transfer petitions day in and day out, I can tell you these days it's really easy for a woman to get the divorce petition of husband stayed, and then ultimately transfferred to her home state, unless there are circumstances such as :-

Balance of convinience in husband's favour - for eg : dependancies/illness/lack of monetary means - and against the wife i.e wife's ability, economical means, urban educated lady. 

1 Like

(Guest)

Produce transfer application with help of Lawyer in SC

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register