Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Mundada   16 May 2022

How i can take action against private institute

Hello, I'm Gaurav
i'm learning in maac malad (Mumbai) animation institute, from 2020 but because of covid time 2021-2022 1 year gap between course, but as they said i paid their fees for active in there portal when i m at home (Nashik) but after payment they not giving online lectures also now i hold 10,000 Rs last EMI because even i paid before them they not giving lectures even i told them i'll come at Mumbai i want offline lectures but the always forced for pay fees. now they sended message to my parents your son is declare as dropout

Learning

1 Replies

Sravika Reddy Kohir   22 June 2022

Hello Gaurav Mundada, I acknowledge your question. Under section 2(1)(d) of the Consumer Protection Act,2019 consumer is any person who buys any goods for consideration or hires or avails any services for consideration. A student is one who avails educational services in return to the amount as fee paid and under Consumer Protection Act,2019 student is also considered as consumer. Likely you can make a complaint to the consumer forum of the respective jurisdiction for the deficiency in services or for unfair trade practices. The same was also held in the case of FIITJEE Ltd. V Vikram Sethi, 2019, the Chandigarh state commission, granted compensation to the aggrieved student towards refund of fees for not availing services of the institute. And the same if not done amounts to unfair trade practice and deficiency in services.

I hope I have answered your question.

Have a good day.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register