Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nisha   12 November 2021

How i can get my experience certificate from previous employer if i broke the bond?

Hi, I worked with a private company from Sept 2016 to Feb 2018. At the time of joining this company I signed a bond of 2.5 years. And as a bond agreement they kept my original final certificate. In the bond it was mentioned that if I broke the bond they will not provide and leave letter, experience letter or will not provide any reference. Also it was mentioned that will retain my bond document. After working for around 1.4 year I absconded from that company and joined another company. They checked my bank statements and gave me job. Now I wanted to switch to switch to an MNC but every MNC needed experience certificate and reference for background verification. I asked my employer, that I am ready to pay any panelty

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 November 2021

The employee has right to resign from the employment even if he has agreed in the employment bond to serve the employer for a specific period of time. You can approach ex-employer for pay penalty for broken bond period.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 November 2021

Having repudiated the terms of the agreement, there cannot be any remedy the problem, therefrom.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 November 2021

No legal relief / remedy is available.

Reqeust your ex-employer, if they agree. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2021

employer cannot be compelled for experience certificate even if you have complied with all conditions

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register