LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

zoaya (staff)     17 February 2012

How do i take it forward



I went thru a lot of suffering in my matrimony house they harassed me for dowry, they took all my jewels also, all my belonging r in his house , finally I took this issue legally & filed a case of 498a but this is not the end to me or my family, as we have to keep going to police station &  court, it’s been 10 months & no further action taken against them, is there any way to fasten the case in court ,what is the procedure for the same, can I apply for divorce? & what if he does not agree to divorce me.


 4 Replies

sharma (ADVOCATE)     19 February 2012

It seems police have not filed the FIR.  File a Domestic Violence Case at the Protection Officer, and place all eivdiences before them, this will be a speedy method and when you win it, you can file divorce with other reasons including this judgement.

Advocate aslam (----)     20 February 2012




Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     26 February 2012

You can seek Divorce, however the cases would take long in settling.





Shonee Kapoor


Adv. Jayashree Mahesh Gore (Law Practitioner)     27 February 2012

with the case of 498a  you must file the case under domestic violence for speedy relief

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register