Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajiv mahato   19 September 2021

How do i sell my apartment under cnt act

Hi All Respected Members,

This is to inform you all that I have an apartment in Ashok, Ashram, Dibdih, Ranchi which was purchased by my father. Now we would like to sell the apartment, we belong to Mahato Community i.e. Kurmi and because of the CNT act in the Jharkhand state, it has become really difficult to sell it to any other caste or community.

Request all to please suggest how do I sell my property and under what circumstances or process I would be able to sell my property.

Hoping for a positive response.


Rajiv Mahato

 3 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     20 September 2021

Local laws apply to subject matter. Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.
1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 September 2021

To my knowledge, the provisions of Chota Nagpur Tenancy Act apply to land, not to apartments.
1 Like

rajiv mahato   01 October 2021

Thanks for the reply, most of the people are saying irrespective to land or apartment. if the property is coming under CNT, I can only sell it to people of our community.

Kindly advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query