LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sivakumar.N (Computer engineer)     15 March 2012

How do i get bc certificate for my kids?

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Sivakumar.N, born in Hyderabad. I have done my studies from 6th to college in Chennai with a BC certificate obtained from Registrar office, Chennai. After education, I came back to Hyderabad in the year 1996 and got married and settled in Hyderabad. I have 2 Children born and brought-up in Hyderabad itself and now they are about 13 & 14 years old. Recently, I had applied for BC certificates along with all proofs for my children and it got rejected, saying, I am a native of Chennai. However, my birth place, my wife's birthplace and my children's birthplace is Hyderabad and more over I am requesting BC reservation for my Kids who are born and brought-up in Hyderabad. I belong to Hindu and Caste is KHATRI which comes under BC as per the Gazette notification (No.14 under Group A and Mandal Entry No.217) by central and state government. My question is; are my children not eligible for BC reservation? If eligible, how do I approach for the certificate again? If no, why are they not eligible? I would appreciate an answer for these questions.
Thanks in advance.


 2 Replies

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     16 March 2012

//are my children not eligible for BC reservation? If eligible, how do I approach for the certificate again? If no, why are they not eligible?//

Your application is wrongly rejected. To obtain community certificate, you have to produce application, family card (to prove that you are residing with the jurisdiction of taluk office). Your nativity of of chennai can not be a bar.

As you said, you born in Hydrabad, your wife born in Hydrabad. your community is listed in AP state gazette. 

You have every right to get BC certificate from the concerned taluk office.

A person born & living in tamilnadu, who is native of Hydrabad, is eligible to get BC certificate in tamilnadu and I have seen many having obtained so.

Sivakumar.N (Computer engineer)     16 March 2012


Thank you for giving me your valuable time. I am happy from your positive reply. I was wondering how to proceed without proper guidance, your reply showed me a light. I have one more small doubt before I restart the process with my Taluk office, that is; I have my Children's birth certificates but I don't have my own birht certificat, however, I have a valid passport taken, while I was in Chennai, which shows; my birth place is Hydetrabad. Is this evidence sufficient or  may I need to go back to chennai and collect a copy of my birth certificate from my old school?

I Thank you once again for this help.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query