LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankhuri Dhruvastha   03 February 2021

Hi there!

A PIL (Public Interest Litigation) can be filed in both High Court as well as the Supreme Court, depending upon the case.

For your Information:

  1. As the contents of a PIL application vary on a case-to-case basis, I would urge to shed more light on your issue.
  2. It is generally suggested that you hire a PIL lawyer for this, to ensure maximum accuracy is fulfillment of legal procedure.

 In the meantime, below are the generic steps for filing a PIL:

  1. Approach a PIL lawyer/organization to file the case (suggested).
  2. Collect necessary documents such as title deeds, proof of residence, identity proof, notice, any other documents pertinent to your cause.
  3. List names and addresses of the government agencies from which the relief is sought.
  4. List facts giving rise to violation of fundamental rights
  5. List dates of the violation/any other relevant dates
  6. Clearly mention the ‘Prayers’, i.e., the relief being sought from the court.

Hope this helps!

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 February 2021

What are the facts? What is the issue?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register