A PIL (Public Interest Litigation) can be filed in both High Court as well as the Supreme Court, depending upon the case.
For your Information:
- As the contents of a PIL application vary on a case-to-case basis, I would urge to shed more light on your issue.
- It is generally suggested that you hire a PIL lawyer for this, to ensure maximum accuracy is fulfillment of legal procedure.
In the meantime, below are the generic steps for filing a PIL:
- Approach a PIL lawyer/organization to file the case (suggested).
- Collect necessary documents such as title deeds, proof of residence, identity proof, notice, any other documents pertinent to your cause.
- List names and addresses of the government agencies from which the relief is sought.
- List facts giving rise to violation of fundamental rights
- List dates of the violation/any other relevant dates
- Clearly mention the ‘Prayers’, i.e., the relief being sought from the court.
Hope this helps!