Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How do i deal with this situation

Page no : 2

Kushi (Manager)     17 August 2011

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks a lot. I agree nowhere it is documented that we are away from a specific date.Also

it's their lawyer my parents spoke to telling him that to allow the couple to talk and act accordingly.

My parents mentioned that if they want to take a divorce we are not going to stop nor their daughter(myself) interested in filing false cases or alimony. They literally begged the lawyer to set up a meeting to clear all

the Qs I had. My H's family is not even mentioning a divorce or anything.It's just he won't come and he has decided very strongly.His family is much worse.They are not even talking .Don't ans the phones nor open the doors.

False Ego, insensitivity and money madness is always there on their side. Am also wondering if they are looking for some kind of money before telling their decision.Either way they need to talk.I didn't talk to my attorney yet.

I really hope he realizes how things are

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 August 2011

Are both of you in India or the US? You say that you fought with your parents to marry him. Did he have to fight with his parents to marry you? What you want now is that he should speak to or communicate with you. Under the circumstances stated by you there appears to be no way other than use force through law. It doesn't mean that you enter into litigation or acrimony. You can use polite language as you are writing here. First you try to bring him to directly to you. If that does not work, force him to appear in a court and speak out what exactly he wants. This should be done with no rancor. If he is in India Indian laws will apply. If in US, US laws will apply.  

mani (lawyer)     19 August 2011

DON'T WORRY and don't be emotional and sentimental because these are the feelings which stops people from taking correct decision. So hire a lawyer and file a case for judicial separation.

Kushi (Manager)     07 September 2011

We both are in the US on H1Bs. Can anyone suggest anything else other than RCR? How do I get him to talk without filing RCR etc.Thanks

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     08 September 2011

Is his lawyer an Indian lawyer in India or a lawyer stationed in US? Anyway as both of you are in US you follow US law. If you are sure that he is still in US, first you take action under US law to prevent him from leaving the US. Then think of further action. You may have to engage a US lawyer. You engage only a white American, preferably a lady and not an Indian American. Of course it will be expensive. But it would be worth as this is a crucial matter in your personal life.  Also if this results in a divorce, you may be able to recover the cost from him. I understand that in US many lawyers work on a contract basis that you pay only if you win.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register