LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G N Shaikh (nnnnnnnnnnnnn)     02 December 2017

How defendant get awards if my suit is dismiss

I am consumer of electricity co. they permanently disconnect my supply without my information in 2006 as my tenant is not paid bills. Due to some reason I could not request to reconnection supply up to 2010. I request in 2010 but they reject my request then I approach District forum. I got relief. Defendant files appeal in State Commission where my prey is rejected where as State Commission admitted in order that defendant is acted illegally still he gets relief and awarded more than he prayed and beyond the law. I approach National Commission Delhi where  my plea is dismiss on the basis of limitation and punished me by ordering to pay the arrear pending  5 times more than he prayed in his reply where as defendant is never  demand recovery till I file suit in district forum. During trial courts did not pass interim order to provide temporary relief to reconnect supply.

My question is if consumer (appellant) is penalize and suit is dismiss on the basis of limitation then how the defendant is eligible to get awards  more than he prayed and where as he is guilty not following any law?

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 December 2017

For consumer sales, a trader purchases electricity from a generator or distribution licensee for onward sale to end consumers. Tariffs for retail sale of electricity are determined by the relevant commission (CERC or SERC) 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register