Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naveen Kumar (Assistant Manager)     17 September 2014

How can we suffer under dowry system even if we are correct.

All of you know about the dowry system in which almost every women takes disadvantage of legal action has been prescribed for demanding dowry.

This is a common thing if women is going wrong and have no any grounds to save her then she alleged a her husband that he demanding dowry or money etc.

On behalf of all the victims under wrong charge of this suit i want to know how can person save yourself under this circumstance if he is not in default and wrong charged has been lodge on him. 

Kindly suggest the way to comes out from under such circumstance since law is very lenient for women's whereby mostly man's suffer from this.

 1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     17 September 2014

@ Author,

1. At the time of Marriage ask relatives of both sides as well as witnesses to sign 'List of Gift' exchanged prior and during marriage and keep that document in Locker and use it when such charges are levied. This is about present.

2. Make daily awareness in area - locality where you live about above so that in future such victims are less.

3. Understand dowry laws of the land and create and or plead vehemently evidences of your innocence before a Court of law till acquitted of such charges instead of playing same tape again and again since 60's when DP Act was Notified (which your parents did not pay attention to while you were married off without signing para 1 List of Gifts) r/w since 80's when Dowry section got inserted silently in IPC (which you did not pay attention to while growing up otherwise would not have married an India lady).


You = generically used and not necessarily means stark reply points at you r/w I did not open attachment as it may be worthwhile for a local advocate found via reference to read the brief and provide consultation if it contains a brief of author.

[Last reply]

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query