Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arup Chatterjee (Scientist)     14 August 2013

How can i stop my wife from going abroad?


My wife has filed a case for Nullity of Marriage against me 3 years ago. They are not willing to have a mutual divorce. They just want to harrash me. She is working in an IT company in India. I live in abroad( USA ). 

I guess she is trying to fly to USA and settle there. Can she do that without solving this case? Can I somehow apply for any order from that court so that she cannot go out of India before solving the case? 


 4 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     14 August 2013

Dear Arup

nobody can stop her to avail her fundamental rights.

Arup Chatterjee (Scientist)     14 August 2013

Mr Nadeem, if it is so, then anyone can file a case and go abroad and I will be stopped from my fundamental rights for my conjugal rights/ s*x / remarry. If she goes abroad and marry there what can I do=? and how long should I wait for remarry?

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     15 August 2013

what is the stage of the case now? on what grounds she is asking nullity of marriage? inform us to proceed further.

Arup Chatterjee (Scientist)     16 August 2013

The grounds she is demanding are

1) No conjugal life

2) No co-habitation 

3) I am a fraud, I married her for her fathers property.

I have strong proofs aginst all these allegations. And it seems the court is in my favour because the court understands that these are false statements. 

But my question here is if she goes abroad and dont come back and solve it I wont be able to remarry.

Another question is can I file a case against her as she has given false statements in the court? Like she has told that she is still Virgin, but it is absolutely false. She wont be able to prove herself a virgin! 

If they are not coming to solve it I would prefer to ATTACK her, as OFFENCE is the best DEFENCE. Please suggest!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads