LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shagul Hameed (Medicine Trainee)     21 January 2011

How can i stop my uncle from selling my grandfather's asset

Dear Lawyers, i'm Hameed from chennai. As i dont have money to spend for lawyers to get legal advice or to contest case, i'm telling my prob here. Kindly Reply if Possible. My mother is the eldest child of my grandfater. she has 1 younger brother and 2 younger sisters. My grandfather died already. My uncle is recently sold the land of my grandfather, unknowingly my mother also put sign for that, in that time i was in out of station. So i couldn't stop that.

My question is, Is there any possibilities to get free legal counselling about this property matter?

And also there is a shop which belongs to my grandfather, Now He is planning to sell that also. How can I stop That?

Kindly Do help me as I am helpless.


 3 Replies

Bayya Reddy (Legal executive )     21 January 2011

Dear Hameed, you may contact the Free Legal Aid Services for freed advice and for not sell the Shop you may give written letter to concerned Sub-Registrar and you may send a legal notice. still the property being ancetral you may file partition suit before the jurisdictional Court along with your aunties.

y haraharanathbabu (practing law)     21 January 2011

i am aggreing Bayyareddy's opinion, besides that you may also seek to cancellation of sale deed sold your uncle, and also permanent injuntion i.e., not the alienate remaining ancestral properties belonged to you against your uncle. You will sucess on your documentary evidence. Best of luck

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     22 January 2011

Agreed with the above members views: immediately send notice to the Sub-Registrar of the facts and also filed Injunction petition in the court against your uncle.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register