Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kunal Kumaar   18 November 2020

How can i ensure the safety of my parents who are senior citizens from my uncle and auntie

My father is 67 year old and my mother is 65 years old they stay in our ancestral property which is shared with my uncle and auntie because of family disputes my parents feel unsafe also My uncle and auntie try to create a fuss with regular abuses my father can’t see due to his medical condition whereas my mother has severe leg injury recently they have shared with me that they feel unsafe how can I make sure that they are safe through legal action

Learning

9 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 November 2020

If law can ensure safety of individuals, PMs with Z category security should have never been assassinated in Cities.  Do not trust any outsiders, take care of your parents and make a formal complaint to jurisdictional PS for their safety or make a petition to Collector.

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 November 2020

The posting reveals only general observations, no cause for action.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     19 November 2020

As their son it is your responsibility, law can support after some offence is committed.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     19 November 2020

1.  IF parents are at risk or feel unsafe by staying alone in that ancestral property,  THEN there is no legal bar for you to KEEP THE PARENTS IN YOUR OWN HOUSE, for their safety.  

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     19 November 2020

Hello,

I agree with Mr. Hemant Agarwal. In addition, you can make a complaint to the local police station about abuses to your father and mother. 

Kunal Kumaar   19 November 2020

Isn’t there a senior citizen law.  Or we need to wait till something happens 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     19 November 2020

Originally posted by : Kunal Kumaar
Isn’t there a senior citizen law.  Or we need to wait till something happens

1. WHY do you want to wait .... WHAT stops you from keeping your Parents in your own house ????  

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Kunal Kumaar   20 November 2020

I stay with my parents. But because of work I need to travel. Also why should me leave our house. It’s like running away because someone is threatening you. I am sure there are better ways to end this daily abuses than leaving your own house and run from this

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 November 2020

If the threats are actionable, you may approach the Executive Magistrate (SDO, RDO, District Magistrate etc.) in order to restrain them from such activities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register