Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DrManjunath (Consultant)     23 November 2012

How can i do service in building which is to be sold ?

Dear all,

I am an tenant running an orthopaedic clinic with internal pharmacy with Drug license since 13 months with an rental agreement for 36 months.. Owner has suddenly taken the token advance for sale from an other person when i am interested to buy the property as it is in Main road convenient for patients to come..
I have requested with folded hands to both owner and buyer to please make it in my favor as i am doing public service and i am the incumbent occupant of the building ..

How can i tackle the situation with the owner and the buyer(Who has given token advance)..No agreement/ registration done so far for the token advance as of date..

Owner is in good terms with me but tells he is helpless as he has given word to the buyer and taken token advance..

Thanks

docdsm

Learning

2 Replies

Nandagopal Rao (Retainer)     23 November 2012

If you have rental agreement by way of LEAVE & LICENCE nothing much can be done since leave and licence do not give you any right.  Its only for use and occupy during the period mentioned in the Agreement.  You can still appraoch the vendor and quote more than what is quoted by the prospective buyer.  

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     23 November 2012

Dr. ....

No Legal Remedy as such.....But all the accumulated lessons of street smartness will work here....See if you can derive a common link....And people wiil tend to act pricey if you plea more....I am sure that the  rental agreement will have an eviction clause giving the landlord the right to turn you out with prior notice....

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register