LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil pattnaik (Proprietor)     09 July 2010

how can father transfer property to son

I am the only son of my father and I have two married sisters. My father wants to transfer his self acquired property to me. What is the procedure to transfer the land property to my name so that much cost is not incurred?


 3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     09 July 2010

By executing git deed and stamp duty and registration charges are required to be paid.

ravi shankar sharma (advocate)     09 July 2010

dear mr. jitendra,

I would suggest you that you propose to your father for a will bequeathing his all property to you and register it properly in registrar office of ur jurisdiction.

This transaction will also be absolutely valid for transferring the desired property.  

only the difference is, this transfer will be effective only after the death of the testator and not costly 2.

i hope ur query is answered now.

r s sharma


R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     14 July 2010

In case of immediate transfer settlement deed or gift deed is advisable. Otherwise Will can be executed which will be effective only at a later date and through other procedures involved in it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register