LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

drreddy (manager)     15 August 2010

how best is the sale deed betwenn son and father

Dear lawyers, thanks every one for answering my previous questions, most of lawyers said the land which my father got from my grandfather  cannot gift deed solely to me(son) as my sister(daughter) can claim even after gift deed. Can the sale deed between me and my father aviod future complications from my sister.

My father is ready to do sale deed  for whole land in favour of  me without taking any money  in return, if  any authority  questions can i support myself  that i sold out gold of my wife which her father gave during mariiage to her.

FINALLY PLZ  LET ME KNOW HOW SAFE IS SALE DEED BTWN ME AND MY FATHER, SO THAT MY SISTER CANNOT CREATE ANY PROBLEM.  

Learning

4 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     15 August 2010

Yes sale and gift deed both legal during the life time of your father. Problem will come only after his death if no sale deed or gift deed is done.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     15 August 2010

proper course which would be a fair and hassle free sale, even after the life of the father would be execution of a settlement deed . This can be executed by the father in favour of the son in consideration of the son taking care of him during his life time. The daughter can given a reasonable sum and the settlement may be executed with her due consent.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     16 August 2010

Yes your father make a sale and gift deed in your favour and your sister join in confirmming party in these deed and sign in the said document and thereafter registered this  document.

krantiveer (Advocate)     19 August 2010

If it is ancestoral property a small portion can be gifted to you by your father in return of affection. Sale of his share is permissible. Sale of entire property may attract legal objections.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register