Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shruti (XYZ)     06 February 2011

How abt filing DP-3 in response to fake case of 498A?

Hi Friends,

How about filing DP3 on my sister-in-law and her family, since they have alleged that we took 30 lacs of dowry from them(which is baseless).

Please let me know the pros and cons of filing DP3? Will police file DP3 against the girl's family? If not, then what I can do?

Please advise!!

Thanks!!

Learning

2 Replies

bol (adv)     07 February 2011

i couldn't understood the term DP3. but let they show the how they have paid 30 lacs. 30 lacs is not a small amount. the question doesn't end with mere reporting. police has to investigate before taking the cognance of the case. that is my opinion.prilimary investigation is a must. whether your assets value extra 30 lacs after youyr brother's marriage pls check that in possesion. 

Samir Jha (Advocate)     07 February 2011

Dear Shruti,

There have been certain instances where in if the girl is educated and still her family agrees to get her married  despite having demand for dowry, cases have been booked under Section 3 DPact, against bride and her family members but you are also requested to see Section 7 (3) of the act also.

You can also place reliance onto the case of Smt. Neera Singh Vs. Govt of (NCT of) Delhi, This case was in the year 2007 and after which a ciruclar of delhi police came into operation dealings with such cases. there have been instances of direction to register FIR against Bride and her family members in recent past from CJM Noida, and in District Courts Delhi.

However, very recently in October 2010, Delhi High Court has given a judment in which section 7(3) has been discussed in detail and it has been mentioned there that a Statement made by aggrieved person can not be used against her. A FIR is a statment hence the bar comes into operation.  If you can provide me with  more detail I can help you a little better. 

regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register