Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NeelRVYahoo (Desktop enigneer)     28 November 2020

Housing society secretary giving tensions

Sir,

I lost my job some years back. so I started share market trading since last 2 years. In that I have been Authorized person of SMC ONLINE BROKING COMPANY.

I am living in housing society and registered address of my franchisee is my Flat where i do live. I can not take GAALA as my income is very less and clients are jjust 14. No client visit at my house, no use of society common place, it is simply as i do live in my flat and I do my online service for SMC broking and in their accounts.. It is PURELY ONLINE SHARE MARKET TRADING THAT IS DONE BY MY CLIENTS without visiting my flat.

Secretary is threatenend me to pay commercial maintenance charges for 2 years instead of normal housing society maintenance charges. This amount is big for me but I requested housing society that this is purely online trading over the internet and i do not use my flat for goods storage or i do not use parking for my clients too. BUT, SOCIETY DENIED.

MAINTENANCE CHARGES AS PER COMMERCIAL charges ARE TOO MUCH FOR ME and i do struggle for my basic needs too. PLEASE GUIDE.

MY QUERY,

i think it should not be considered as commercial as its purely online without useing of societies common area or no visits of my clients at my place. Is this unlawful as per housing society bylaws??

Kindly reply.. 

Learning

4 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     29 November 2020

1. Secretary is intimidating & threatening you.  Society has no legal authority on any such matters.  Online or Work-from-Home is not a "Commercial Activity".

2. Serve the Society a proper Legal Notice for there proposed actions.  This will take care of everything.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 November 2020

What does the Bye-Laws of the Society regarding on-line business where Society is not in contact ?

Challange action of the Secretary where he /she has no concern.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     29 November 2020

The Secretary is overstepping the authority delegated to him. You may get a Legal Notice issued to him not to interfere with your personal life.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 November 2020

To my knowledge, the Society is not authorized levy maintenance charges at the whims and fancies of the Secretary or the Management Committee. Has the Society made a demand in writing? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register