Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   17 October 2022

housing society's laws

Sir

earlier my housing society was issuing manual receipts of the maintenance charges payments

however after handing over the day to day activities of our society to My Gate App some of our flat owners are paying the maintenance charges of our society online through My Gate App and unsigned official receipts are uploaded on My Gate App

for your kind information I am directly paying the maintenance charges through my bank through neft to our society. I requested the society to issue me an official manual receipt but they refused citing below reason:-

"""Manul receipt are no longer made after the implementation of my gate.

Receipts generated on My Gate is official , besides you have the ultimate proof of your pass book as a proof of payment. All 248 flat owners have accepted it . Residents are very happy using Mygate as it saves them lot of time and keeps them updated with all important notices , information including maintenance charges"""

would like to have legal advice if I can still insist foe manual official maintenance charges payment receipt from my society to save it in files because one day my gate app might collapse and all my maintenance charges payment receipts would be gone

thanks in advance

Best regards

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 October 2022

File a suit for declaration and permanent injunction, if you feel.

I did not find any legal dispute in the post.

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   17 October 2022

Dear Sir 

Thanks for your quick response.

However I couldn't grasp the content of your answer.

Would  you please further elaborate.

Best regards 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 October 2022

Govt. policy is not to use paper work much. my gate app is very much useful for residents. The following are some of the benefits provided by MyGate app for society residents: -Invite friends and family: You can send an invite through the app and guests receive a unique passcode with the invitation through SMS. Guests enter the passcode at your gate and get a seamless entry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register