Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Shankar   22 July 2021

Housing society not giving noc for passport

Hi,

I have been living in Mumbai for the last 9 years in the same flat since 2012. I have a very good relation with my owner, they didn't ask me for any renewal of the rent agreement after 11 months. When he & his brother's family comes to Mumbai, they stay with us, sometimes for 12 to 24 months. Overall we have not blood relation but we trust each other like family. I discussed with my owner that I am going to apply for Passport & told him I need NOC from Him for the same. My house owner has no objection. Then I have applied for a passport when the time came for police verification, they asked me for a Society NOC letter for that process for address verification. When I requested the same from the Housing Society, they refuse the same. Then, I told all matters to my owner then he has sent a letter to society name the mentioned that My cousin is staying in the same flat for last 9 years they have no any objection to using his address for passport purport & request to society for the same. When I send this letter copy to the society they refuse to accept the letter & said to me that Hosing Committee can not issue the NOC for Passport for me, You are not a cousin of your owner. After a long request for society. I requested to my owner that please make an affidavit for the issue & mentioned that am the cousin of him & living there for 9 years in the same flat as a caretaker & He is taking all responsibility of me if anything happens in the future, send to Housing society.

But Housing society does not agree after receiving the affidavit of my owner. They are asking me for a rent agreement & registration of the flat.

I want to know, is that agreement & registration is necessary, the affidavit is not enough for the Housing Society.

Please suggest to me how to solve this issue....

Learning

1 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 July 2021

How is that the Society is concerned with the passport?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register