LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hussain Sharif   01 August 2022

Housing society not allowing guests to access common area

I live in Mumbai in a gated society. I have couple of friends who regularly visits us in the evening. We all prefer to meet and talk in the common area of our housing society which is used by everyone to sit and chat. Some of the members of the society is raising an issue and asking me to not to allow guests in the common areas as they should be allowed only in my house.

Is this a valid argument and issue. Can the managing committe pass any rules which will ban guests and friends to access common open areas of a society?

Learning

2 Replies

Anusha Sharma   10 August 2022

Dear Hussain, it is not legal by any means, if your friends are not causing any major nuisance to the society. You can ask your owner to complain to the registrar of the societies regarding the same. If you have a registered rental agreement you can give a copy of written complaint to the society office & a cc to the registrar also.

Hussain Sharif   25 September 2022

Thanks for the resposnse. I am the owner of the flat. Does that means no one stop me from entertaining my guests/visitors in the common areas?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register