LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHREY DAMBHARE   12 July 2017

Housing society inactive for so many years

A housing society registered under Indian Trust Act with Registrar of Society is inactive for so many years. There is no working and its President, Secretary are also inactive. I am one of the member of the Housing society, Can I revive that Housing Society? as well as Can I become President of that Housing Society?


 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 July 2017

You can file a petition with registrar of cooperative socieites with the consent of residents. He will issue a notification for elections for the body. Accordingly you can participate elections. 

Bespoke Legal (Advocate)     13 July 2017

If there is leakage due to plumbing issues in common area then it is the Society's responsiblity to get it repaired and if there is leakage from inside the flat tthen it is the members responsiblity to get the repairs done. For the same there are provisions to approch various Forums and Courts for quick action, damages etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query