LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAESH R KULKARNI   21 December 2023

Housing association monthly charges for the independent house

I am living in an independent house under BBMP limits in Bengaluru, paying house taxes to the BBMP. However, there is an association formed for the entire layout consisting of 300 houses, charging maintenance per house basis (not on SFT basis). My house has two units(G+1) with smaller dimension which are equal or lesser size of another house (G+1) in the locality. Since I hold two smaller units, they are demanding two maintenance charges as against the other equal or higher built-up area houses on the same size of the plot. Please let me know is it fair to charge double maintenance amount for the two smaller houses which is less than the other (G+1) houses? Please direct me if we have any law to justify the double maintenance charges. 

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     21 December 2023

What is correct either you have an independent house or a flat under a society?

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     22 December 2023

You need to check the Bye laws of your society ,

RAESH R KULKARNI   23 December 2023

Correct independent house under society. There is no bye laws exists, all members signed orignal bye laws has been misplaced and not submitted to the Registrar of the Karnataka Gvt. Cooperative Hosuing Office. Basically no record of the Bye, they cary soft copy of unapproved Draft bye laws. In that they mention dawling unit.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     24 December 2023

An association or society should have been formed with all 300 house owners consenting  and voluntarily becoming members. Or there should be a Karnataka law making it mandatory to form such an association or society. Such an association or society should have byelaws prescribing rate of maintenance charges payable by each member. In the absence of any of these the so called association has no right to collect maintenance charges from members.

RAESH R KULKARNI   08 January 2024

Thanks your inputs  Dr. MPS Ramani

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register