Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kumar (Project Analyst)     26 February 2015

House tenant

Hi All,

I have taken a house for rent and I am planning to vacate the house and before we taken the house for rent we have made the house rental agreement with the Lanlord.

I have already informed my house owner that I am looking for new house and I may vacate the house any time and the house owner said that he requires 1 month Time to return the deposit money.

Today 26/Feb/2015 when I had discussion with the house owner he informed that he will deducted 10,000 from the deposit amount and repay the balance indicated that the 10,000 is for house painting cost.but he never informed me about this cost earlier when I had the agreement for the house and nor where in the Agreement it has been mentioned that the mount will be deducted.

I would like to know if there is any LAW that the tenant has to pay the house painting charges when we vacate the house.Please let me know the complete tenant procedure which need to be followed.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 February 2015

If there is no such conditions in the agreement you are not liable to pay the amount for the painting and etc., to the owner.

vishnu (EE)     26 February 2015

See Mr. Rajesh,

As per Indian Tenancy Act, 1965 this is something at the  discretion of landlord to make compulsory deduction to the property damaged by the tenants. Moreover this is completely legal deduction.

Hope this answers your query.

Vishnu

Rajesh Kumar (Project Analyst)     27 February 2015

Hi All,

In the Agreement it has not been mentioned that they will deduct 10,000 for Painting charges.I have already informed my house owner to come and verify the house conditions and then decide If I need pay the charges.When I have entered the Hose in April and painting work was done 4 month ago that during the month of Dec 2013 painting work was done and the house was locked for nearly 4 months and I have taken the house for rent only in the month of April and when I entered the house the condition of the house was very bad and I have informed the house owner to clean the house.When the Agreement made I had already provided the clear instruction that the Toilet and the rooms should be cleaned.However inspite of giving the Instruction it was not made clean and after I entered the house the house has cleaned the toilet.

The watchman of the apartment is the Proof how is aware of all the thing happend.

Please let me know If we have any Instruction or Gudieline for the Tenant which can be refered.

The reason is that we have earning the Amount and we pay huge deposit to get a house for rent and when we return the House we do not get the Intrest for the Deposit amount then why the House owner should deducted the amount for Uncessarily why cant they repay the amount which we have paid to them.Why do we so much of confussion.

I wish if we had a law for the Tenant wherein the House owner need to return the advance with  minium intrest rate of 5% .As we do not have a proper Law for the tenant the house owners are taking the advantage of it and they screw the happiness of the tenant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register