Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bobbieb6   23 February 2018

House sold without my will. Still staying forcefully.

Hello, i am from Kolkata. My mom sold her house(belongs to her name) without my signature about 8 months ago for 60 lakhs. She gave me 15 lakhs out of 30 lakhs i demanded. She failed to give the remaining amount which is why i refused to empty my belongings and leaving the house. I even gave her 4-5 lakhs(from my 15L) when she asked that she needed. I am staying with my wife and she tried like 100 times saying and begging to leave the house and will give 5lakhs more. She is now quite kinda threatening that now the new owner of the house will take action with police help and courts. And i have very clearly decided, when police or anybody will come to throw me out, i will light 3 gas cylinders in the doorstep(where they will start breaking locks) and create a boom that will take 1 or 2 more lives beside me and my wife and my future son. Look i i seriously need the remaining amout so that i can buy a small home and live with my now pregnant wife or i may not be able to buy becoz of my low income. What should i do besides the alternative option- i will kill myself via gas cylinders

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 February 2018

Which personal law applies in this case e.g; Hindu?

The house is as per your post in the name of your mother.

And you are married.

The lady got the house title in her name from her self earned income or from her parent’s side or husband’s side?

Confirm!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 February 2018

Generically Speaking; The Lady being title holder/owner can dispose her self earned/acquired/absolute property in her life time in anyone’s favor and sons/daughters have NO forced share…

Instead of thinking and posting to kill self and other family members resolve the matter amicably and your mother may agree to help you.

Or approach some bank/lender and try to get home loan..

vinay_2431 (engineer)     24 February 2018

Why do you need to kill your self and your family?? its her property, just like you have got your own property[Family,life] . you can only request her or at the max involve adults in your community to talk to her, killing self will do no favour to you or your family, World is not going to End tomorrow, so cheer up and think what you can do.

who knows future, may be you will buy back the same house. grow up and be a  Man .

Vinay.

bobbieb6   24 February 2018

@kumar doab: My father gifted the house to my mom when i was kid. my father died 21 years ago. i am now 29. also to mention my father's wish: two separate home for his 2 son. my elder brother is separated with his home @amtala. and for me this house- which is already sold and still staying.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register