LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ratuldas   25 November 2015

House owner not refunding my lease amount

My house owner is not refunding my lease amount of R.6lakh. I sent him two notice but he didn't replied. So I want to file a recovery suit in civil court in BANGALORE, KARNATAKA so how much court fees i have to pay? And is this amount refundable? I also need a lawyer to file the case please contact me & help me. My email id

 6 Replies

is the payment details mentioned in lease agreement? Is it first lease agreement. or it was renewed after that. In renewal agreement was original security amount mentioned? Do you have original with you? What is monthly rent that was fixed. Why you vacated the premises without getting refund check /draft?

ratuldas   25 November 2015

Dear Sir Dr Rajendra K Gupta,

Yes the Payment details i.e. Rs. 6lakh is mentioned in the agreement.

Yes it is the first leased agreement.

Yes I have the original lease agreement with me.

There was no monthly rent. But i have to pay monthly Electricty & Water bill extra.

I didn't hand over the flat to him fully. He took one set of key from me so that it will be helpfull for him to find a new tenant. And another set of key is still with me. He promised me to refund the money within three months or if he get the new tenant before that period and at that time I should return him the another set of key.

I left the room on March after that he didn't recive my call so I sent him two written notice but I didn't get any response from him.

Please advice me what should I do now.

how come no rent? Can you tell you for what this lease security was paid by you? what were terms. Did you give details of payment in lease agreement that is cheque no or draft number etc?

saravanan s (legal advisor)     25 November 2015

Yes you can file a recovery suit

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     26 November 2015

Recovery suit is maintainable. Court fee applicable shal be calculated based on the as valorem court fee table which can be accessed by you online .


this is one reason getting into lesase agreement,involing lakhs, is not encouraged..these days, we see people fight even for thousands with crooked owners...and why risk laksh wtih them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query