LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kavi (individual)     28 April 2014

House building constructed in natham land

Constructed house on Natham property with EB Connection . Document or patta not available. Panchayat people compelling to surrender the vacant possession of land claiming that the property is Govt. Property. Can we get stay order?  What other remedies? Advice Please.


 3 Replies

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     28 April 2014

Government has no right over the property classified as Natham. They can't levy or collect any tax for the natham land. Therefore, the Patta is immaterial. Only the occupant alone having absolute right if he is able to prove his possession.


On the strength of your possession and EB connection, you can obtain Injunction (stay)  order from  civil court.

mahavir singh (ADVOCACY)     28 April 2014

Good answer right i like yr legal point.
1 Like

Kavi (individual)     03 May 2014

Thank you Lawyer Saleema Kabeer Madam, I have another doubt. How can I prove my possession? What are the relevant evidence required? Kindly explain me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query