IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhijeet ksagar (student)     27 May 2012

Home property


I m A student of engineering.I need help from all of you over my isuue since my father is under paralysis from last 14 years and my  other relative creating troubles for us regarding our property.

we are having a home at our home town.My father was woking as government officer.my father has three more brother they are no more.

Since all of they demandig for parttion of our house for each in equal.but my father constucte the whole house at town.We are having NOC for constructing and as the owner of the house on the name of my father it was nearly before 20 years.in the NOC they have written that the whole ownership belongs to my father.

now they are filing these issue in court.so plz suggest me that wat will be the result as we are not that much capable for doing all these court as there no one to see all issues rather than me if i get into these matter i cant complete my engg.plz help me.


 4 Replies

Ramesh I Zirali (Advocate. Mob:9482000686)     27 May 2012

if it is ur father property then it is self acquired property of ur father.  Partition can be claimed by others only if it is a ancestral property.  If they r approaching the court they should establish the fact that the said property is ancestral otherwise they will not succeed.  only thing is that u have to show that the house property is constructed out of ur fathers own income and not out of the joint family income. 

1 Like


it is understood from your narrative, that the house is a self acquired property of your father. therefore others have no locus standia to seek its partition. contest the case on these lines. you are the legal heir of your father.

1 Like

abhijeet ksagar (student)     27 May 2012

But the land for house is supposed to ne my grandfathers...and construction did by my father....we r having their NOC 

abhijeet ksagar (student)     28 May 2012

Ok sir...but relative creating trouble to my Parents....i ll not leave my engg....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads
Follow us Course law

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query