IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkatesh   12 March 2023

Home loan leagal action against bank


My bank is deducting amount from my saving account as home loan emi which is not matching to the emi amount and not as per consent form.

I have paid all emi on time, bank used to deduct emi regularly as per consent form submitted for emi deduction. 

Now bank is saying we have right to deduct amount giving reason that emi is not received emi on due date. This due date is not as per consent form. apart from this they have deducted regular emi as well.

Now what legal action I can take against bank?

This additional deduction is reducing my interest but because of this deduction my other payment s and cheque failed.

Any helpful suggestion?













 2 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     12 March 2023

If bank has deducted additional EMI from your saving account without your consent whereas you have paid all due EMI , bank's such act  amounts not only bank's deficiency in services but also unfare trade practice.Issue legal notice and demand refund of payment of  additional EMI which bank has deducted . If notice is not complied with by bank then file complaint against bank  before Consumer Commission.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 March 2023

No need to go consumer commission. for banking transactions prefer to banking ombudsmen. 

Lodge your complaint with the Banking Ombudsman of Reserve Bank of India. You can fill up this online complaint form with details of complaint, bank's name against whom you wish to file a complaint, phone numbers, bank account details, etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query