Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

proengineers (Business)     02 April 2013

Home loan declaration suit on joint property

Dear Sirs,

I got a Home Loan on my name with my income proof and my wife as co-applicant, I was forced to make the Flat registration as joint property on both names due to her parents intrusion. I have been paying the EMI from the beginning through my Bank Account.

3 years back my wife left me and filed 498A, Divorce & CRPC 125. till now I have been paying the said property EMI's on expecting her return. Now I felt that there is no meaning in paying the EMI to Home loan.

Could you please clarify my queries:
1. Can I go for Declaration Suit with my loan proofs.
2. If I stop paying EMI's, the Banker will go for Auction for the said property.

Please guide me with your valuable suggestions.

Learning

5 Replies

M V Gupta (Advocate)     02 April 2013

Yes. U may file a declaration suit. But chances of success doubtful. Alternatively u have to get a relinquishment deed executed by your wife and get it registered.

proengineers (Business)     02 April 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your response.

You have mentioned the chances of success for decleration suit is doubtful - Can I know how the court considers this issue after providing all the details of Home Loan and EMI evidence

Regarding Relinquishment deed she will not agree for this as her parent's main target is to grab this property.

Can you please clarify this - If I stop paying EMI's, the Banker will go for Auction for the said property in some time, After deducting the balance principal amount, will they transfer the difference amount to my account or to both of us.

Looking forward for your valubale information

With Regards

M V Gupta (Advocate)     04 April 2013

As the property is stnding in the joint names of  urself and ur wife, the excess proceeds will be credited to the jt A/c. As regards the declaration suit, the courts would generally treat that the property has been purchased by the husband in jt names with wife with a view to safeguard her future. It may not cut ice if u plead that u purchased it in jt names under duress. It needs a strong and unrebuttable evidence.

proengineers (Business)     05 April 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for detailed clarification and explanation to my queries.

For any further information will get back to you.

With Regards

satya parkash (govt)     11 August 2013

i m also facing the similar situation, plz contact on 9899299365.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register