LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bala   24 March 2016

Hmop sec 24 - compensation

Hi , 

I have applied for a divorce , but it is not a mutual concern.Now they have filled a petition on HMOP Sec 24, stating that need to give compensation of 50 % my monthly salary for her living and needs, also 30 % of my salary as a advocate fee> ( They are asking in between the case for running the case).

Please advice. 


 3 Replies


Hai, you have applied for divorce but on what grounds.


ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     24 March 2016

1. If the respondent is gainfully employed then such application u/s 24 of H.M.A. will not survive. 

2. If she cannot afford a private lawyer then she can get a free lawyer from the Free legal Aid cell established at all district and taluka courts.

3. The interim relief u/s 24 H.M.A. is not for her maitenanace but for cost of travel for attending the court proceedings. It is not the same as u/s 125 Cr.P.C.

4. You can counter say and contest her applicaation.


bala   24 March 2016

I have applied in the ground of cruelty 13(1)(a)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register