Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

J. Gopinath (Freelance writer)     08 September 2009

HMOP filed by Wife

Sir,

I have filed divorce on the grounds of Mental cruelty and also Interim Custody for Child (boy- 4 Y 10M now) . My Wife is M.Sc and myself is B.Com. She is working as freelance journalist and getting around Rs.10000/ pm. Myself being a freelance writer getting around Rs.3000/= a month. She stays in her mother's own house worth Rs.30 lakhs, whereas i am staying in  a rented house.  Date of filing of divorce & interim custody : June 2006 & Nov 2007.  In Mar 2009, wife filed HMOP against me claiming Rs.8000/= for self and child, besides claiming legal exp and transport exp.  Right from the birth of my son, I used to visit him at least once a month, except for few occasions, and buy him nutrition, dress materials, toys, etc and have bills also. Her allegation that i have an income of over 15,000/= a month is baseless and totally false.  How can I counter these petitions so as to get them dismissed.  Next hearing is 18.09.2009, wherein I am directed to file written arguements in the HMOP. Your immediate help would be highly appreciated.

Learning

1 Replies

Shivasurya (Lawyer)     08 September 2009

File detailed written arguments along with the below citations

i) 1979 (085) CRLJ 1226 AP

ii)  1975 AIR (SC) 83

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register