LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Magan   30 August 2017

HMA, Earning 50,000/ annually spending 30 lakh in marriage

I am fighting case with my spouse u/s 9 hma & i donot want to continue marriage life with her. But she had filled case u/s 9. His father in his cross examination of affidavit accept that he is doing business of 2 lakh annually from his partnership business. In which he is 1/7 share holder. Also said No other source. Also make 5000 sq. Feet villa approx 1.25 crore in small town in Punjab. Also her father accepted i had spend 30 lakhs in marriage to harass me & i had demanded a car approx 20 lakh in dowry which according to her father he can give. He had not fill itr nor any information to income tax deptt. Girl also said same . Are these points help me to get out of hma 9 . Is these bayans help me to move to income tax deptt. Are these bayans infront of honour able session judge. VALUED. PLZ SUGGEST THANKS FOR VALUABLE SUGGESTIONS, HELP, TIME.

Learning

6 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     30 August 2017

The income or expenditure of your father in law does not affect your wife's case u/s.9 HM Act. If you are not willing to continue with your marriage then file the divorce petition and filing of divorce petition will negate the petition filed by your wife u/s. 9 HM Act. You may also opt for divorce by mutual consent. Consult a income tax lawyer for reporting the assets and income ofyour father in law. Sidharth 9811776422

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     31 August 2017

A Petition under Section 9 is for restitution of conjugal rights.   Im failing to understand how these points hold any relevance to the same. 

Magan   31 August 2017

Madam they had filled this as base as I am not happy with dowry and marriage expenditure of 30 lakh & demanding big car . I am greedy for money so I am not continuing marriage. Actual they had spend 8 lakh. Girl in cross examination said i need car of 20 lakh that's the reason for dispute . But both parties are of middle class . I

Magan   31 August 2017

Madam they had filled this as base as I am not happy with dowry and marriage expenditure of 30 lakh & demanding big car . I am greedy for money so I am not continuing marriage. Actual they had spend 8 lakh. Girl in cross examination said i need car of 20 lakh that's the reason for dispute . But both parties are of middle class . I

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     31 August 2017

Ask your lawyer to cross-examine them in such manner that the truth comes out and then catch hold of the contradictions and defeat her case. 

Magan   31 August 2017

Thank you for your help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register