1. Multiplicity of 'cause" wdoes not help speed up the main issues.
2. You have already filed custody suit under GWA then what is the compelling reason that you want to multiply the same cause of action under provisions of HMA?
3. You are barred under provisions of GWA act to file another custody (interim) suit using HMA. Kindly read
S. 14 (GWA) Simultaneous proceedings in different courts
(1) If proceedings for the appointment or declaration of a guardian of a minor are taken in more courts than one, each of those courts shall, on being apprised of the proceedings in the other court or courts, stay the proceedings before itself.
(2) If the courts are both or all subordinate to the same High Court, they shall report the case to the High Court, and the High Court shall determine in which of the Courts the proceedings with respect to the appointment or declaration of a guardian of the minor shall be had.
12[(3) In any other case in which proceedings are stayed under sub-section (l),the court shall report the case to, and be guided by such orders as they may receive from their respective State Governments.]
4. Using MC Mehta Vs UOI citation of Hon'ble SC you can press for disposal of interim visitation (ex Pary) in GWA court under 2 months which law in hand.
5. In HMA though u can use S. 151 CPC making grandparents party and ask for visitation. This is more safe than multiple IA's for same cause using two different codes.
6. However visitation under HMA will not come easy untill Interim Maint. is disposed off.
7. Kindly consult / educate your Counsel and side by side do your own homework reading silent points of law on custody / visitation related applicable in your State.
D. Arun Kumar, firstname.lastname@example.org